Last week, I did a poll and asked “Are you doing what you REALLY want to do?” With the industry being in the state it's in, very few people consider it “fun” anymore. Whoever thought that we would actually have to live to work instead of working to live in the industry? There are those times in life when we feel “stuck” and at the same time miserable. I call it “The Train Track Syndrome.” It can happen at any point in your life and under any circumstance but “The Train Track Syndrome” is when you are on the tracks, you hear the train coming, it's blowing the horn but you are paralyzed and can't move, you seem to be waiting for the inevitable instead of getting out of harm's way. Have you ever experienced that feeling?
The poll shows that while 13% of the people who participated in the Digital and Radio Facts poll said they ARE doing what they really WANT to do, a whopping 69% are NOT doing what they really want to do (the poll is in the sidebar on the lower left). Those numbers don't surprise me and I was thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, we can motivate each other to AT LEAST start on something? This week an offer was put in front of me that I am actually going to take on. I have turned down several things over the last 6 mos, mostly because of a lack of budget on the other person's behalf (I'm sure you understand ) but there's always that one thing you might be missing, you know? It's a long shot but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Seeing others succeed is certainly a great motivator to get you going.
Sign up for the Digital and Radio Facts Forum (anonymously if you wish) and depending on how many people sign up, I'd like to offer helpful information, tips and advice from several successful people who I know who ARE doing what they want to do. This is a challenge for those who really want to make a concerted effort to change their lives or at least a part of it. It all starts with that first step. You don't have to give your real name to register on the forum but you do have to register (to keep spammers out). Go HERE, register and talk about your thoughts on the challenge.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time