Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Nielsen and Westwood One announced that westwood one has signed a multi-year extension to use Nielsen BDSradio measurement exclusively across its Cumulus stations and westwood one 24/7 syndicated programming.
Nielsen BDSradio is the world's leading measurement tool for streaming, airplay, and sales data for the record and radio industries and powers the official Billboard charts. The tool produces strategic programming research, including comprehensive music reports, competitive head-to-head analyses and custom reports that enable broadcasters, rights owners, and streaming services to optimize programming, measure consumption, and maximize audiences.
Charles Steinhauer, Westwood One’s COO, said “The power of our platform, our recent investments in sales and marketing, and the strong continuity of our partnerships has allowed us to represent the best in class services in the industry. We are proud to extend our relationship with Nielsen and look forward to the future together.”
“We are delighted to extend our successful relationship with Westwood One” added Erin Crawford, GM of Music, Nielsen. “As a leading provider of audio entertainment content, westwood one is an ideal collaborator for us as we continue to develop new innovative tools for a dynamic music industry. It is a testament to our commitment to quality services and insights and we couldn’t be prouder.”
Nielsen BDSradio processes over 7 billion streams each week, and over 550k music detections every day from more than 1,900 radio stations, networks and video channels in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. Nielsen’s measurement of music consumption, including radio monitoring, sales and streaming activity, as well as consumer research, is the currency for the entertainment industry. Nielsen is the exclusive provider of airplay, sales, and on-demand streaming activity to Billboard’s charts and is the global standard for music measurement.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Former Golden State Warrior, Monte Ellis, shoots the Sonic Boom $60,000 gift
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- iHeartMedia Announces a Series of Inspiring Events Featuring Performing Artists Khalid and H.E.R. To Culminate Month-Long “HBCU Homecoming Celebration On iHeartRadio”
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Harry Styles To Invest In New Co-Op Live Arena In Manchester
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers