Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Flavor Unit Entertainment, the production company owned by Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere, today announced an exclusive licensing agreement for movies in the U.S. In the first-look deal, Netflix will have its pick of movies that will debut on the world's leading Internet television subscription service shortly after their theatrical release from the company that produced box office hits like Bringing Down the House and Beauty Shop. Beginning in Spring 2013, Netflix members can exclusively enjoy Flavor Unit titles including the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda and Percentage starring Ving Rhames, Cam'ron and Macy Gray.
“We are delighted to work with Queen Latifah to be the exclusive destination for what are sure to be relevant, entertaining movies,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer of Netflix. “Queen Latifah has a long track record of creating hits and Flavor Unit Entertainment is a fresh and exciting voice in the industry.”
“Shakim and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix. Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects,” said Queen Latifah.
Among a long line of hits, Flavor Unit is most recently responsible for producing the Lifetime Original Movie Steel Magnolias starring Queen Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott and Alfre Woodard, which became the third most-watched telecast ever on a network with 6.5 million viewers.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time