An Arkansas City radio station owner and his wife arrested last month for drug possession made their first appearance in district court this morning.
Marshall Ice, owner and general manager of KACY Radio, and his wife, Megan Ice, were arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell on Dec. 16.
They appeared today in Judge Jim Pringle’s courtroom in Ark City.
Pringle scheduled a conference with attorneys for 10:;30 a.m., Feb. 5 to set up a preliminary hearing. He set the date for next month after defense attorney Rod Iverson asked for more time to examine paperwork on the case.
“We waive the formal reading,” Iverson said. “We need time to read the report.”
Iverson said after today’s appearance that he couldn’t comment further on the case at this time.
Exact charges against the couple were not read by the judge. But a court clerk said there were three counts: possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to sell and no drug tax stamp.
On Dec. 16, several law enforcement agencies executed a search at Ice’s residence in the 1900 block of North C Street. Their residence is near the Arkansas City Middle School.
The search was conducted by officers of the Cowley County Drug Task Force, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, Arkansas City Police Department, Cowley County Sheriff’s Department and the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Police said they found “marijuana and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.” The amount of marijuana was unclear. Police at the time said it was “about a pound.”
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show