Chicago radio legend, Herb Kent, died on Saturday, October 22nd, a few hours after finishing his air shift on V-103. He had been on the air for 72 years, which was acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records.
entertainment/chicago-radio- legend-herb-kent-the-cool- gent-dies-at-88/1569153/
This is a nice video tribute sent by Chicago's own legendary record exec, Kirkland Burke.
Here is the info on the viewing and the homegoing service this weekend:
Viewing – Friday, October 28th, 2pm-8pm
Robey Park Manor Funeral Home (viewing)
2510 Chicago Rd, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Wake & Homegoing Service – Saturday, October 29th
9am – Wake, 10am – Service
House of Hope
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time