“Tamika D. Mallory speaks a truth that often stings but needs to be told that as Black people in America, any one of us at any moment can be a victim of the injustice system. “State of Emergency” gives us the words and tools to fight for the justice our families deserve and vows to create a world where no one has to lose their beloved child at the hands of the state. Justice for my daughter, Breonna Taylor. My heart is broken, but my fight is strong.”
—Tamika Palmer, mother of Breonna Taylor
Activist Tamika Mallory declared a State of Emergency in her viral speech at a Minneapolis Press conference following the May 25, 2020 murder of George Floyd. The speech was called “the speech of a generation” by ABC News.
In STATE OF EMERGENCY: How We Win in the Country We Built (Atria/Black Privilege Publishing; May 11, 2021; Hardcover; $26.00; ISBN: 9781982173463) – includes Forewords by Angela Davis and Cardi B, and a Prologue on the events of January 6, 2021. Having led several Black Lives Matter movements across the country, she writes that the issues of police reform and state violence will not be easily answered by protest, popular sentiment, or the recent election. She offers solutions that are credible, earned, and genuine.
STATE OF EMERGENCY will be the first book from Charlamagne Tha God’s new imprint, Black Privilege Publishing. Charlamagne, one of the most influential voices in media today, shared in the book’s announcement that “Tamika is one of those people who's ALWAYS on the frontlines fighting for us—not for self-serving reasons, but because she cares about Black People. STATE OF EMERGENCY is going to immortalize her words and give black people a study guide that will help us navigate our way to true freedom.”
Tamika D. Mallory is a trailblazing social justice leader, movement strategist, globally recognized civil rights activist, co-founder Until Freedom and the historic Women’s March on Washington, and author of STATE OF EMERGENCY. She served as the youngest ever Executive Director of the National Action Network. Mallory is an expert in the areas of gun violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and grassroots organizing.
A link to the NetGalley widget (digital copy) can be found here: STATE OF EMERGENCY, you will be prompted to create a username and password to access. If you would like to receive a physical copy, please forward me your address.
I hope you will consider STATE OF EMERGENCY for review, round-up, and interview coverage. For more information or to schedule an interview with Tamika Mallory, please be in touch at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
“It is a terrifying time to be Black in America. This book is my counterattack on that disorienting feeling. I step foot in the streets to protest in pursuit of justice.”
—Tamika Mallory adapted from STATE OF EMERGENCY
- The Living Legends Foundation Celebrates its 30th Anniversary and Annual Awards Gala
- Paramedic Killed After Machine Fell On Her While She Worked Out at Gym
- Officials Say Texas School Shooting Victims Were All In The Same Classroom, 21 Killed
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- YO GOTTI ADDED AS A HEADLINER FOR THE 2022 JUNETEENTH UNITY WEEKEND IN DALLAS
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Job Posting? Stations Seek Free Remote DJ Hos
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions Why Some Young Rich Black Males Overlook Black Girls (Video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured After 4 People Fall Off California Cliff