Radio Facts: Radio Facts: CD Baby is about to host it's first music conference and guess what? It's not $350; it's not $250; and to continue sounding like one of those crazy late night infomercials, it's only $49! It's also hosted in Chicago, which is a nice change of events. Chicago is a great city but not really known as a place where music conferences are the talk of the town. Although, Chicago does seem to be a hot bed for talented artists right now. With the likes of Common, Kanye, R Kelly, Lupe Fiasco, J Hud, producer-No ID, and newcomers like Chance the Rapper, Tink and Vic Mensa making some significant noise in the industry, Chicago might actually be the right place at the right time for a music conference.
CD Baby–which handles a wide range of services for over 350,000 artists–will hold the DIY Musician Conference on October 23 through 25, 2015 at the historic Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago, Illinois. The conference is open to anyone (not limited to CD Baby artists).
The conference–whose early bird fee is a low $49–will offer presentations to help independent musicians on a wide range of music business topics such as online monetization, touring, online video, publishing, building a team, list-building, and more. It's expected to grow into an annual occurrence focusing on practical steps independent musicians can take to grow their music careers. The gathering will consist of keynotes, breakout sessions, meet-and-greets, and one-on-one consultations where artists work closely with CD Baby mentors.
“With the DIY Musician blog and podcast, CD Baby has long been a trusted source of actionable information for independent artists,” says Kevin Breuner, CD Baby’s V.P. of Marketing. “Creating a conference where artists gather together as a community to learn and be inspired by one another was an idea that’s time has come.”
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU