ASHS RETURNS WITH HER LATEST SINGLE “PARANOID”
Today, elusive pop artist ASHS continues to explore the depths of a dark reality with the release of her latest single “Paranoid” through Wax Records/Republic Records/Polydor Records/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. The track is released alongside a suspenseful music video that ultimately reveals award winning, multi-platinum selling artist Alyssa Reid who has kept her identity hidden for over a year.
On the single, ASHS notes, “Paranoid perfectly introduces the next phase of my project. I wanted to experiment with hitting a little harder both musically and lyrically. Paranoid gives an audible sneak peek into my subconscious, encapsulating the feelings of anxiety and mistrust in the people around me.”
ASHS is on a slow-burning soul-searching mission. Slipping onto the scene in 2018, releasing two EPs through a veiled and anonymous moniker, ASHS crafted an ecosystem of smart, genre-amorphous pop, with a lushly opaque backdrop. Utilizing dark and impossibly mesmerizing synths, punctuated with euphoric instrumental flourishes, each track is bound together with lyrics that embrace her jagged edges through bold, intimate reckonings.
Pulling back the curtain, Juno award nominated, multi-platinum selling artist Alyssa Reid reveals her identity and artistic versatility. ASHS was created as an exploration into a new sonic territory. Over the past few years, the 26-year-old artist has been honing her craft; becoming the go-to songwriter for artists like Bulow (“Not A Love Song”) and Virginia to Vegas (“Selfish”), now recasting her signature smoky vocals to form the foundation of her most ambitious project to date. ASHS newest music (“Paranoid”) is both an exploration and a revelation.
If you’ve been listening carefully, this Alyssa Reid has been hiding in plain sight. Now, she’s requesting your full attention.
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59