Radio Facts: Over the last month, we’ve seen a 50% increase in uploads from creators around the world. We know the rise of the coronavirus has hit creators hard with a loss of revenue and work, but it has not stopped the proliferation of music and creativity on SoundCloud.
With a shared vision to ignite what’s next in music and champion fresh, new talent, SoundCloud, I am OTHER and Pharrell is coming together to propel emerging talent forward by spotlighting a hand-picked mix of undiscovered artists, specially curated by Pharrell. The compilation, “SoundCloud Presents: I am OTHER, Volume 1,” will feature music genres, styles and sounds from across the global SoundCloud community — and we want YOU to get involved in the project.
- We’re looking for tracks that reflect the present-day mood, promote a positive message and push the boundaries of innovation in music, so get creative and make something meaningful to you.
- Upload your tracks to SoundCloud and include the hashtag #SCxiamOTHER
- Pharrell, I am OTHER and SoundCloud will review submissions and select a minimum of 10 tracks from independent, emerging artists to be featured on “SoundCloud presents: I am OTHER, Volume 1.” There’s no limit on submissions, so upload often to maximize your chances.
- In addition to a spot on the album, selected artists will be fast-tracked into SoundCloud’s premium marketing services program, Repost Select, and receive funding for upcoming projects from our recently announced $10M creator accelerator fund along with additional promotion and marketing support.
- Selected artists will be notified via SoundCloud by May 6, 2020.
Net proceeds we receive will go to Sweet Relief and Help Musicians, two charities on the frontlines of providing direct relief to the artist community. “SoundCloud Presents: I am OTHER, Volume 1” will be available on SoundCloud and distributed to all streaming services via SoundCloud’s distribution and artist services offering, Repost Select, in early May 2020.
Already have a track you’d like to submit? Upload it now (and don’t forget to tag it) to be considered. Have questions? Join us for a special edition of our Creator Office Hours today at 2:30 PST / 5:30 pm ET, where we’ll be taking your questions, live on Instagram.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Odell Beckham Jr. Responds To Rumored Bedroom Activities
- Hit-Boy & Wale Respond To Kanye West’s Universal Music Group Contract Rant
- Ray J Explains Why He Decided To File For Divorce
- BET Told Envy He Wasn’t Black Enough For Their Network
- 50 Cent Working On New Series Based On His Beef w/ The Game & Jimmy Henchman