URBAN ENTERTAINMENT & CULTURE JOURNALIST/PRODUCER (FULL TIME)
ABC Audio, a division of ABC News, is seeking a motivated, experienced Urban entertainment and culture journalist in New York.
This person will be responsible for coordinating and producing daily, breaking news, celebrity interview and special events content for ABC Audio’s Urban Suite of products for radio stations and social media. Candidates will work autonomously but with regular, daily contact with an assignment editor and supervising producer. This is a five-day-a-week full-time position with set hours and deadlines. There will be after-hours and weekend work when circumstances require it, such as coverage of breaking news, special events and interviews. Occasional travel may be required to cover events.
The ideal candidate will have several years of journalism experience and proficiency in audio and on-camera interviewing, audio and video editing and production, and newswriting for digital media. They will also bring a robust list of music, entertainment and news contacts. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate, knowledgeable and engaged in current events. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to step up to the national level and show what they can do.
- Overseeing, creating and coordinating ABC Audio’s coverage of Black entertainment, music and cultural news against daily deadlines.
- Pitching, scheduling and conducting interviews with celebrities and changemakers, both on-camera and off.
- Proactive planning of future events coverage.
- Editing audio and video content for packaging in short- and long-form products.
- Researching and writing news stories for online publication.
- Exceptional knowledge of Black entertainment, including music, film, television, streaming and music, as well as current events affecting Black America.
- Background in journalism and newswriting. Radio experience a plus.
- Excellent newswriting, online research, computer, and on-camera interviewing and presentation skills.
- Robust list of industry contacts — publicists, managers, changemakers, celebrities, etc.
- Proficiency in digital audio and video recording and editing, e.g. Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Strong social media understanding, experience and engagement.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to work effectively as a team member against daily deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
This is the link for resume submissions
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart