Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
The magnificent new Norwegian Escape – Norwegian’s largest ship and the first in its Breakaway Plus Class – was christened today in a stunning ceremony worthy of her size and status.
International music sensation Pitbull, who also served as GODFATHER for Norwegian Escape, thrilled fans and VIPs alike at the PortMiami pier side concert. The ship’s breathtaking hull artwork, created by Guy Harvey, who made a special guest appearance, served as the backdrop for the epic event.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings chief executive officer Frank Del Rio kicked off the festivities, where guests experienced an afternoon packed with fun and excitement in celebration of Norwegian Escape. Following a surprise opening act which featured acrobatic Parkour performers defying gravity (with the help of hidden trampolines built into the stage), national radio personality Froggy from the “Elvis Duran Morning Show” took the reins as event emcee, engaging the audience and introducing performers and special VIP guests, including Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez who discussed the positive impact Norwegian Escape will have on the local community, its residents and the economy.
Attendees were treated to a special sneak peek at the stellar entertainment Norwegian Escape has to offer as the casts of Tony Award-winning Broadway shows “After Midnight” and “Million Dollar Quartet” performed a selection of songs from each respective show, before Pitbull brought down the house with his hottest hits, including “Don’t Stop the Party”, “Fireball” and “Give Me Everything”.
DJ-led sing-alongs and a slideshow of themed guest photos snapped by roving photographers created a truly interactive event, where audience members quite literally became part of the show as photos of individual attendees holding signs customized with the place they’d choose to “Escape” were projected onto the jumbo screen on the main stage.
“Norwegian Escape represents a major moment for us – this is a true evolution of our brand,” said Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line’s president and chief operating officer. “Not only does she offer high caliber entertainment, quality dining and luxurious accommodations that significantly raise the bar for our fleet and puts her in a class of her own, but she exemplifies our renewed commitment to offering unparalleled freedom and flexibility to our guests.”
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- ‘You’re pathetic!’ – Stephen A. slams Max’s Tom Brady take | First Take (Video)
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)