I have to admit, usually the songs that I get to promote for holidays leave a LOT to be desired but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It really drives home the need for King’s leadership in today’s troubling times in our community. The song is called:
- The Class Wars.
- The Culture Wars.
- The Race War.
- The War on Terror.
- The Afghanistan War
Across the country and all around the globe citizens are crying out for a better way, yet one leader who fearlessly championed for the people is no longer here to shepherd us to “the promised land.”“Martin, can you hear us crying?” calls out the refrain. “Martin, can you hear us now…we need your spirit…Martin, we NEED you…” it pleads – all the while paying homage to Martin Luther King Jr. a national hero – the first African-American to receive a monument in our nation’s capitol on the national mall.Four years ago Elaine Gibbs, a session singer in Los Angeles, recorded this song for songwriters Bob Dockery, Jr and Vinx. Bob – a veteran producer of radio shows, was looking to create a new anthem to include in his now famous urban radio specials for both the MLK Holiday and Black History Month. The demo languished for several years until Bob was inspired by the dedication of the King Memorial in October to polish up the track and release it in time to honor King’s legacy during the national celebration the weekend of January 13 – 16th, 2012.Since recording the demo, Elaine Gibbs gained a certain notoriety as a contestant on Fox-TV’s The X-factor as a quarter-finalist and as favorite of Judge Nicole Sherzinger. Billed as a 53 year old “Wedding Singer” – the show failed to cherish or appreciate the church grown luster of her vocal delivery.The Martin Can You Hear Us? music video is submitted for year-round programming with special emphasis during the Martin Luther King Jr, Holiday and Black History Month as well as the commemoration of the March on Washington in August .
- Inductees Announced For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame June 2022 Induction
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Keyshia Cole’s Relationship with Antonio Brown is Doomed (Video)
- Podcast Advertising Effectiveness is Soaring
- NAB Launches “The Best of NAB Show Amplified”
- Radio One Charlotte Names New Program Director for Heritage Sports Radio WFNZ 610AM/92.7FM
- White Supremacist Opens Fire at Supermarket: Here are the Names of the Buffalo Massacre Victims
- New York Public Radio Names Kenya Young Senior Vice President of WNYC Studios
- Pinky Cole’s Surprise Gift to Every CAU Graduate in Atlanta
- Police Uncover Video of Arby’s Manager Urinating in Milkshake Mix
- YOUTUBE AND THE SPRINGHILL COMPANY ANNOUNCE “RECIPE FOR CHANGE: AMPLIFYING BLACK WOMEN”