Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Monday morning it all began for the mass nationwide layoff of CBS Radio employees. Reportedly approximately 200 CBS Radio employees across the country are now updating their LinkedIn pages if you know what I mean. As the third largest market in the country, it is no surprise that CBS Radio's Chicago stations would begin with forced exodus.
The vast majority of the employees that were let go were not on-air personalties. CBS seems to be cutting back sales and promotions departments, as well as production staff. Chicago seems to be losing about 9-10 CBS jobs while reports are in that New York has discontinued up to 25 positions.
CBS Radio hasn't released any official statements regarding the layoff and the corporate office in New York has been completely silent regarding the matter.
The following CBS Radio Chicago employees have indeed been released.
Dustin Paul Karolewicz, WUSN-FM/US99.5 Production Director, Scott Palmer, CBS Radio Chicago's Automotive Sales Manager, and Justyna Syska, WUSN-FM/US99.5 morning show producer have all been informed that they no longer have a job at CBS. According to the Chicago Tribune, seven others have also been given their walking papers but that hasn't been confirmed as of yet but none of them appear to be on-air personalities.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle