Radio Facts: Radio Facts: REPUBLIC RECORDS proudly announces the promotion of Ben Adelson to Vice President of A&R. This announcement comes directly from Executive Vice President of A&R Rob Stevenson. Since 2012, Mr. Adelson has served as Sr. Director of A&R for the company.
In this new position, he will continue to sign, cultivate, and develop budding talent on the label's diverse roster. He actually began his career as an intern at REPUBLIC RECORDS in June 2007. Working his way through the label's ranks, he previously held the positions of assistant to President and COO Avery Lipman and Director of A&R. His projects have included records from OWL CITY, OF MONSTERS & MEN, PACIFIC AIR, JOHN NEWMAN, RACHEL TAYLOR, RUEN BROTHERS, and more. Recently, he signed buzzing UK troubadour JAMES BAY.
About the promotion, Mr. Stevenson comments, “Ben's got an amazing ear for talent and songs. Moreover, his diligence and tenacity prove to be a driving force in the department. It's incredible to see him become an influential A&R presence in his own right.”
Mr. Lipman adds, “I've had the pleasure of watching Ben literally grow up at this company. It's been an honor to watch him evolve, and I personally look forward to collaborating even more closely as the roster grows.”
“Monte and Avery Lipman are the most forward-thinking leaders in the music business,” says Mr. Adelson. “They've built an A&R system of identifying and breaking acts that's prepared for the industry's next generation. The way they operate is inspiring. Working alongside Rob, I've learned how to make a record properly. I've furthered my education by learning from the best people, and I'm extremely excited for my next chapter at REPUBLIC.”
After formally kicking off his career with his 2007 internship at the label, Mr. Adelson assisted Avery Lipman until August 2009. He worked in A&R at Epic Records from February 2010 until August 2011, when he made his return to REPUBLIC RECORDS. He graduated from USC in 2009.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT