The Hub is expected to be completed by November 2020
By Pamela L. Moore
Florida A& M University (FAMU) is abuzz with construction activity that is changing the landscape of the Tallahassee campus.
The south end of the campus will certainly have a new look and feel with the construction of several new buildings, one of which is The Hub auxiliary building.
The 10,872-square-foot structure will be located next to the 700-bed FAMU Towers residential housing, which is nearing completion. Other construction includes the Center for Access and Student Success (CASS) Building on Wahnish Way and an outdoor performance amphitheater on South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard opposite The Set.
The Hub will house several units for Business and Auxiliary Services and its partners. Services will include a 330-seat main dining hall with a spacious outside seating area, a satellite business center, and a convenience store. The Hub will also feature a cozy private room for special events.
“There are presently no food options convenient to the south end of campus; print and mail services are quite a distance away; and students do not have access to an on-campus convenience store,” said Rebecca Brown, assistant vice president for Finance and Administration. “Given these factors, along with the new resident housing being built on the south end of campus, The Hub was certainly justified.”
Feedback from the Student Government Association (SGA), the Food Service Advisory Group, as well as responses to student surveys also weighed heavily in the decision to move forward with The Hub.
Construction broke ground on The Hub in November 2019 and is progressing well.
“The project is currently 8 percent completed,” states Craig Talton, Director of Facilities, Planning and Construction in early June. “The masonry wall of the west side of the building has already been completed.”
The project is expected to be completed in November 2020.
“Business and Auxiliary Services is committed to growing and expanding our services to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers,” Brown said. “The Hub is evidence of that commitment.”
For more information about Business and Auxiliary Services, please visit FAMU Business & Auxiliary Services.
The post New Auxiliary Building Underway On South End of FAMU Campus appeared first on FAMU Forward.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show