The Mega Millions Jackpot has exploded to $1.02 billion after no winner was drawn in Tuesday night’s Mega Millions jackpot. No ticket matched all six winning numbers, said the lottery.
“All jurisdictions have reported in, and no one has hit the Mega Millions jackpot. So, the jackpot will roll to $1,025,000,000 for Friday ($602.5 million cash),” lottery spokesperson Marie Kilbane told CNN in an email.
Tuesday’s winning numbers were 7, 29, 60, 63, 66, and the Mega Ball 15. On Friday, the next drawing will be held at 11 p.m. ET.
Some winners claimed enormous prizes, although no one hit the Mega Millions. 5 lucky winners won $1,000,000 each after they could match the first five numbers.
A lucky winner in Ohio managed to take home $3,000,000 after matching the first five numbers. The prize was more than the others because it included an optional Megaplier purchased for $1 extra.
According to the Mega Millions website, if a lucky winner is found on Friday, that will make the drawing the third largest Mega Millions jackpot winnings in its 20-year history.
The largest Mega Millions jackpot earnings happened, on October 23, 2018, for $1.537 billion. The lottery said the ticket was sold in South Carolina.
On January 22, 2021, a group of four players and Michigan took home the Jackpot of $1.05 billion when they scored the winning numbers.
Kilbane claimed that in the past 24 hours, website traffic has surged to 64 million requests.
Because of the increased traffic, the website was down for a time on Tuesday night, soon after the 11 p.m. drawing. As traffic slowed, however, the website seemed to improve.
Tennessee, California, New York, and Minnesota saw four Mega Millions winners this year.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money