New Feature Leverages HD Radioâ„¢ Technology to Expand Broadcastersâ€™ Opportunities to Capitalize on Digital Commerce
CBS RADIO, Clear Channel, Cumulus, Cox, Entercom and Greater Media announced today that they are in the process of installing iTunes Tagging technology. As a result, consumers who hear a song on their local HD Radio stations â€“ and want to preview, buy and download it later on iTunes â€“ will soon be able to do that with just the touch of a button on an enabled HD Radio receiver.
â€œWe are very pleased with the strong support iTunes Tagging has received from the broadcast radio industry,â€ said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s Vice President of iPod Product Marketing. â€œiTunes Tagging is a great way for local broadcasters to jump into the digital music space and for consumers to easily discover new music on their HD Radio and enjoy it with iTunes and their iPod.”
â€œWhen asked about the possibilities for HD Radio broadcasting my response is always the same â€“ the opportunities are limitless,” said Dan Mason, President and CEO, CBS RADIO. “This announcement is proof positive that HD Radio technology is a significant advancement for the radio industry, one that will afford our listeners with greater access to the music they discover on our stations. Weâ€™re thrilled to be working with Appleâ€™s iTunes and iPod, the worldâ€™s leading portable music player, and are excited to see the company embracing all the benefits HD Radio technology provides.”
Mark Mays, CEO of Clear Channel Communications, Inc. commented, “Clear Channel Radio remains committed to being the leader in HD Radio content on both primary and multicast channels, and our embrace of iTunes tagging is just the latest step in that leadership. We believe that HD Radio innovations such as this will continue to open up additional and new services for consumers and revenue opportunities for broadcasters.”
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?
- Rickey Smiley Appreciates Steve Harvey Cussing Him Out (VIDEO)
- Lil Duval Talks New Comedy Special, 30 Year-Old Roommates, Twitter Tirades + More
- 10 Tips on How to Improve and Make More Money with Your Business
- Bobby Ross Avila Grabs Grammy Nomination for Production on Charlie Wilson's Album
- The BET Experience Kick Off Was Everything (PICS)
- Kanye West and Joe Rogan | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Delilah Becomes Spokesperson For Together For Kids
- Zane Lowe Reveals Eminem as His First Guest on Beats 1 Radio
- Can Dak Prescott overtake Russell Wilson for QB1 in fantasy? | Fantasy Focus Live