Digital and Radio Facts JSU’s chief photographer presents at virtual PhotoShelter Summit – Jackson State University
On June 25, Charles Smith presented at Photoshelter’s first-ever full day of professional development for creatives. His presentation topic, Storytelling in 2020: Higher Education, provided tips on how to engage students, prospective students, parents and alumni with compelling visual content.
“I was a little nervous, but I knew the work put in over the last five years was substantial,” says Smith. “We were charged with covering everything from who we are, what we do, and how we serve our students first and foremost. Working for years as a photojournalist, prepared me for this moment, and enabled me to continue talking about our experiences as an Historically Black College University.”
He continued, “What made us different from all the rest, is our unique dynamics in the educational framework in the nation. We are an HBCU. There are 5,300 colleges in the United States and we are one of 107 HBCUs. My colleagues around the country are fascinated by who we are and what we do. We have a tendency to look over that about ourselves.”
PhotoShelter is a visual media technology company that helps photographers and creative teams unlock the power of a moment. Their leading digital asset management platform for creative teams helps 1,200 top consumer and retail brands, travel and hospitality icons, professional sports teams and world-class universities easily organize, collaborate on and share their creative assets.
“I think we must revel in that fact, and move forward to remain relevant in our changing global economy. I learned that we can hold our own against anyone. I am proud of us. We are good, we are humans, and we make mistakes, but we are resilient, and we overcome whatever obstacles we face.”
The summit welcomed 35 speakers and more than 1,000 other creatives to celebrate the power of a moment. These creative leaders from noteworthy organizations included: The Washington Post, Major League Baseball, the National Football League (NFL), the Los Angeles Zoo and many more. To learn more about the event, click here.
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- “The Chris Stigall Show” Takes 10am-Noon Weekdays on Kansas City’s KCMO Talk Radio
- POLO G MAKES TELEVISION DEBUT WITH PERFORMANCE OF “MARTIN AND GINA” ON THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON
- Hillary Clinton Partners with iHeartMedia to Launch New iHeartRadio Original Podcast “You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton”