Radio Facts: iHeartMedia Chicago stations will honor Chicagoland teachers and nurses in a weeklong celebration, kicking off on National Teachers Day on Tuesday, May 5and culminating on International Nurses Day on Tuesday, May 12.
Throughout the week, each station will feature on-air shout outs for teachers and interviews with school principals, parents and students. From May 6 through May 8, 103.5 KISS FM’s midday host Showbiz Shelly will host zoom classroom takeovers to speak directly with students during the week of celebration. In addition, each radio station will play a daily inspirational song at 12:00 p.m. dedicated to nurses in the community, feature local nurses on-air and on its websites, as well as do lunch giveaways for nurses in the community.
“Now more than ever, teachers and nurses should be applauded for the work they do for our community,” said Matt Scarano, President of iHeartMedia Chicago’s Region. “Our frontline medical professionals are saving lives every single day and our teachers are shaping our future by educating tomorrow’s leaders.”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Chicago market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with more than 2 billion app downloads and more than 135 million registered users.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Can the AKA’s Do It Again and Raise $1 Million in a Day to Support HBCUs?
- ALL IN: THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY Now Available on Prime Video and in Theaters
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time