George Foreman revealed he is facing sexual abuse allegations by two women. The unidentified females claim Foreman abused them in the 1970s. In an uncharacteristic move, he announced the accusations against him in a statement.
For the last six months, the accusers have been trying to get “millions of dollars” from him and his family, said the 73-year-old boxer.
“They are falsely claiming that I sexually abused them over 45 years ago in the 1970s,” Foreman’s statement read.
“I adamantly and categorically deny these allegations.”
Foreman will work with his attorneys to expose the “accusers scheme” and defend himself in court.
“The pride I take in my reputation means as much to me as my sports accomplishments, and I will not be intimidated by baseless threats and lies,” said Foreman.
“I don’t pick fights, but I don’t run away from them either.”
His winning record, 76-5 with 68 knockouts, has earned Foreman the reputation of being one of the most fearsome boxers ever.
The entrepreneur lost his world title to Muhammad Ali at the Rumble In The Jungle event in Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
A couple of decades later, At the age of 45, after defeating Michael Moorer, the heavyweight champ became the oldest man ever to hold the heavyweight championship world title.
A few years later, after losing to Shannon Briggs by majority decision. Foreman retired in 1997.
His winning career was spotlighted when he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2003.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- SUNDAY READ: Running a Business Lessons I Wish I’d Known Earlier