He’s back! Smooth crooner Bobby V has gifted his fans with an early Christmas present in the form of his new six-song EP, Peach Moon. Backed by a full band and showcasing Bobby’s love for the piano, the project offers up the vibes of a Motown-inspired jam session while touching on the unpredictable moods of love. On songs like “Back to Love,” Bobby sounds just as enamored with R&B as ever.“I love that R&B is a international genre of music,” says the Broadcast Music, Inc. singer-songwriter. “I’ve been blessed to have traveled all around the world and I find that there’s no other genre of music that’s loved and celebrated like R&B.”Just like the artists he grew up listening to (Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Anita Baker, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, to name a few) and the ones he admires today (among them, fellow bmi songwriters R.Kelly and John Legend), Bobby is constantly pushing himself to be better. In 2014, that means working on his piano skills. “My New Year’s resolution is to become a better pianist,” he says. “Learning to play the piano has rejuvenated my love for music and over the last couple of years I’ve practiced a lot! I will practice even more and get better in 2014.”We’ll hold you to that, Bobby V!
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director