The Smithsonian’s selected Art Sims’ 11:24 Design movie poster design for Spike Lee’s “Do The Right Thing” iconic film, in the permanent collection at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, D.C.
Sims says, “I am humbled that my agency, 11:24 Design, is regarded as the preeminent ad agency in America for creating memorable images for the film and TV industry. 1124 Design, Inc. is the only African American owned ad agency to be recognized for our design work in film advertising for the film Do The Right Thing by the Smithsonian Institution – National Museum of African American History & Culture on display in the exhibition, “Taking The Stage.”
About Art Sims and 11:24 Design
Art Sims, founder and CEO of his own firm, 11:24 Design, based in Los Angeles, the company is dedicated to promoting Black youth culture as part of a larger mandate Sims dubs “Blackization,” which refers to the recognition and melding of disparate cultural and creative histories.
With his multicultural team, Sims has worked with some of Hollywood's top filmmakers, including George Lucas, Spike Lee, Jon Kilik, The Hughes Brothers, Steven Spielberg, and Abel Ferrera. He created the indelible images seen for print ad campaigns of numerous famous films, including Red Tails, Malcolm X, Do The Right Thing, Jungle Fever, King Of New York, Love & Basketball, Clockers, When the Levees Broke to Steven Spielberg's The Color Purple.
For media interviews or additional information, contact:
Edna Sims, ESP Public Relations
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- YSN FLOW Releases New Track And Video “WANT BEEF? 3.0”
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time