A 34-year-old British man has died with early-onset dementia after being diagnosed in 2017.
Daniel Bradbury, a father of two, is thought to have inherited dementia from his father who died from the same condition at age 36.
Before Bradbury was diagnosed, he began to experience depression followed by headaches and deteriorating memory and coordination. Bradbury’s symptoms eventually caused him to lose his job.
Bradbury and his wife married in summer 2018, after organizing the wedding for only 3 months so he could remember the ceremony for as long as he possibly could. Bradbury told U.K. newspaper the Mirror that his wedding ceremony was “the perfect day.” His wife Jordan Bradbury told the newspaper in 2018: “I was worried Dan would be really emotional and forget what he wanted to say in his vows, but he spoke from the heart. He was so clear and calm, he didn’t falter once.”
The Mirror reported that Daniel Bradbury died in October 2021. His wife stated that the family was “beyond heartbroken.” Daniel donated his brain to contribute to scientists finding a cure for dementia.
Dementia is a condition that has the characteristics of loss of cognitive function – thinking, reasoning, and remembering to the extent that impacts an individual’s daily life and activities. People who develop dementia usually are not able to control their emotions and their personalities may change as well.
Bradbury passing away from dementia at only 34 years old is very uncommon, as his condition was thought to be a normal part of aging. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, causing the brain to deteriorate over time. Vascular dementia is the second most common and is connected to microscopic bleeding and blood vessel blockage in the brain, according to the Alzheimer’s Association.
More than 55 million people were living with dementia in 2020 and every three seconds someone in the world develops dementia. Early-onset dementia, which is when a person develops the condition before the age of 65, still remains far less common.
- Body Detected at Bottom of Lake Turns Out to be Missing Judge
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Brittney Griner’s Family Probably “Lost It” After Learning the Basketball Star’s Fate (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti’s “Messy” Interview on Drink Champs (VIDEO)
- BEYONCÉ’S ‘RENAISSANCE’ TOPS CHARTS AROUND THE WORLD
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks