As of late, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about radio, mostly negative remarks about how it needs to change and it’s always the same.
I don’t deal with it anymore but I do understand. I honestly talked about all this a while back and do understand the dilemma from all sides so I decided to leave it alone and move forward
HOWEVER, I will say I am very curious to see if a station has the balls to take a chance and not play any Christmas music this year.
I hate Christmas music and probably have a psychological issue with Christmas music because I had to work so many shifts during the holidays especially at the now-defunct KACE in LA.
The same song is sung by different people every year and it’s just too much especially for a DJ.
What would happen if a station, in a competitive market, decided to avoid it altogether this year? It would be very interesting to see what the rating outcome is as I’m pretty sure there are a lot of people who don’t want to be bombarded with Christmas music either.
It’s about to start now since Halloween has come and gone so that’s non-stop Christmas music for the next 7 plus weeks. Is it possible a station would take a chance?
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Disgraced Ex-Detroit Mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, Opens New Business (video)