A video captured a 3-month-old baby being kidnapped from his family’s San Jose apartment while his grandmother was unloading groceries. Police are desperately searching for the baby boy.
Around 1 p.m. Monday, the kidnapper walked into the home in the 1000 block of Elm Street. Police said he left with the infant, Brandon Cuellar, dressed in a long-sleeved onesie decorated with dinosaurs.
The male was seen on surveillance footage released by police walking down the sidewalk holding a black baby carrier with a white trim covered by a white blanket.
5/ Video footage: pic.twitter.com/GwiekpPYZj— San José Police Media Relations (@SJPD_PIO) April 26, 2022
“The family does not recognize this suspect,” police said in a tweet.
ABC7 reported that police Sgt. Christian Camarillo said baby Brandon was cared for by his grandmother while his mother was at work. The boy’s father is currently incarcerated.
The grandmother was unloading groceries from a recent shopping trip with her grandson. The baby was upstairs in the bedroom of the apartment. The grandmother left the infant alone for no more than a few minutes, police said.
“In that short amount of time, someone entered the apartment…and left with the baby,” Camarillo told reporters during a press briefing on Monday.
According to cops, the man was not seen entering or leaving the apartment with the baby by the grandmother.
All night long, FBI agents went door-to-door in the area and interviewed potential witnesses.
Because investigators do not have a vehicle description, an Amber Alert has not been issued for Brandon by police.
A man wearing black pants, a dark-blue shirt, grey shoes with white trim, a grey baseball hat, and a black face mask was described as the kidnapping suspect.
“Today someone is walking around with a 3-month-old baby that they did not have yesterday,” Camarillo said. “If you have this baby, please give that baby back to it’s mother. We can deal with consequences after.”
The sergeant added that Brandon’s mother and his grandmother are having a “very, very bad time,” not knowing where he is.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,