A Utah woman blamed uncontrollable defecation as the reason she struck two bicyclists with her vehicle. The woman told police the crash happened when she lost control of her bowels due to a medical condition.
The two California male bicyclists were hit by Julie Ann Budge, 47, in their bike lane, while she was driving her Hyundai Genesis in Washington City, Utah, at about 2 p.m. Saturday during the “Spring Tour of St. George” race.
According to KUTV, Budge told police she suffered from “various medical issues” including irritable bowel syndrome.
The driver told police, that she swerved into the men because her condition made her “defecate on herself without warning.”
According to a probable cause statement cited by KUTV, Budge told the police she could not stop her vehicle even though she knew she had hit the cyclists.
“A witness at the scene of the accident stated that it appeared that Julie did not have the intention of stopping after hitting the two cyclists,” the arresting officer reportedly wrote.
“The witness stated he followed Julie’s vehicle until she pulled over and stopped several hundred yards away from the accident,” the officer added.
After witnesses attempted life-saving actions at the scene, the two men whose names remain unreleased, died at St. George Regional Hospital.
According to the outlet, she had been hospitalized the previous day and had been taking fentanyl, a powerful opioid pain medication, through an IV drip, Budge told authorities. After the accident, Budge reportedly failed field sobriety tests.
“At this time, I placed Julie under arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence,” the officer’s report stated.
The police charged the suspect with two counts of automobile homicide due to criminal negligence, two felony counts of failure to remain at an accident involving death, and two counts of DUI with serious bodily injury by negligent operation. The charges are all felonies.
A charge of reckless driving and an infraction for improper lane travel was also given to Budge.
KUTV reported she was convicted of driving under the influence, in 2015.
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die