SHAYLEN RELEASES NEW EP TEMPORARY FEELINGS TODAY
Today, Shaylen reveals her brand-new Temporary Feelings EP via The Heavy Group/Republic Records.
Regarding the four-track project, the critically acclaimed songstress commented, “This EP is a rollercoaster of emotions I went through over the last year, coming out of a really long-term relationship and thinking the world was ending. In the end, I reminded myself, everything—even feelings—are temporary.”
In order to capture these emotions like never before, she penned the songs acoustically for the very first time. She would either sit behind her piano or sing to nothing more than an acoustic guitar.
In addition, the EP talks about the emotional journey Shaylen has taken over the past year. The new single “Roll The Dice” is a power anthem about dating that brings us all the late 80’s and early 90’s Ace of Base feels. Produced by Loote’s very own Jackson Foote (Demi Lovato, The Chainsmokers) and co-produced by Tushar and Jeremy Skaller (Zayn Malik, Nicki Minaj), “Roll the Dice” is at once aggressive, vulnerable and nicely nostalgic sounding. On the other end of the spectrum, “Voicemails” talks about memories left behind from those who are gone, inspired by messages left by her late grandpa. “Sometimes, those voicemails are all we’re left with of those chapters in our lives,” she says.
Meanwhile, “Goodbye” takes a re-invented look at the classic Macy Gray track and updates it for a new generation on a tune about “saying goodbye to those crutches in life.” While Shaylen was writing it, Macy Gray walked into her writing session and gave her blessing for the new take on the track!
She initially paved the way for the EP with “Forgive Myself,” which was the first track Shaylen wrote for the project and was written “after one of the hardest times in her life when I was really struggling with self-forgiveness as if I would wondering if I would ever move forward.” Upon arrival, Billboard touted it among “10 Cool New Pop Songs To Get You Through The Week” and claimed, “As far as brutally honest self-assessments go, ‘Forgive Myself’ is at once easily understood and affecting.”
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)