SHAYLEN RELEASES NEW EP TEMPORARY FEELINGS TODAY
Today, Shaylen reveals her brand-new Temporary Feelings EP via The Heavy Group/Republic Records.
Regarding the four-track project, the critically acclaimed songstress commented, “This EP is a rollercoaster of emotions I went through over the last year, coming out of a really long-term relationship and thinking the world was ending. In the end, I reminded myself, everything—even feelings—are temporary.”
In order to capture these emotions like never before, she penned the songs acoustically for the very first time. She would either sit behind her piano or sing to nothing more than an acoustic guitar.
In addition, the EP talks about the emotional journey Shaylen has taken over the past year. The new single “Roll The Dice” is a power anthem about dating that brings us all the late 80’s and early 90’s Ace of Base feels. Produced by Loote’s very own Jackson Foote (Demi Lovato, The Chainsmokers) and co-produced by Tushar and Jeremy Skaller (Zayn Malik, Nicki Minaj), “Roll the Dice” is at once aggressive, vulnerable and nicely nostalgic sounding. On the other end of the spectrum, “Voicemails” talks about memories left behind from those who are gone, inspired by messages left by her late grandpa. “Sometimes, those voicemails are all we’re left with of those chapters in our lives,” she says.
Meanwhile, “Goodbye” takes a re-invented look at the classic Macy Gray track and updates it for a new generation on a tune about “saying goodbye to those crutches in life.” While Shaylen was writing it, Macy Gray walked into her writing session and gave her blessing for the new take on the track!
She initially paved the way for the EP with “Forgive Myself,” which was the first track Shaylen wrote for the project and was written “after one of the hardest times in her life when I was really struggling with self-forgiveness as if I would wondering if I would ever move forward.” Upon arrival, Billboard touted it among “10 Cool New Pop Songs To Get You Through The Week” and claimed, “As far as brutally honest self-assessments go, ‘Forgive Myself’ is at once easily understood and affecting.”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- iHeartMedia Announces a Series of Inspiring Events Featuring Performing Artists Khalid and H.E.R. To Culminate Month-Long “HBCU Homecoming Celebration On iHeartRadio”
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- ‘You’re pathetic!’ – Stephen A. slams Max’s Tom Brady take | First Take (Video)
- Former Golden State Warrior, Monte Ellis, shoots the Sonic Boom $60,000 gift
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]