Imprisoned ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his wife, Carlita, have sold their Tallahassee, Fla vacation home in the Summerbrooke subdivision following the text-message scand al that exploded last January.
The brick home was sold earlier this month for a loss, mirroring the housing woes of northern Florida and the rest of the country. The Kilpatricks bought the 3,050-square-foot house in June 2007 for $430,000. But real estate broker Gary Bartlett confirmed the home sold for $365,000, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Bartlett said the drop in value was par for the upscale golf course development. “It's about how it is in Detroit,” Bartlett said.
Kwame Kilpatrick is serving a four-month jail term after pleading guilty in September to multiple felonies stemming from the scand al. His plea deal includes five years of probation, $1 million in restitution to the city of Detroit and the loss of his state and city pensions and his law license.
It was in Tallahassee, at Florida A&M University, that Kwame Kilpatrick, a FAMU football star, met and courted his future wife. Last summer, Carlita Kilpatrick returned for several weeks to Tallahassee with their three sons as her embattled husband sought to ride out the controversy, reports the news
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- 2020 iHeartCountry Festival Presented By Capital One Celebrated The Biggest Names in Country Music
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)