Dementia Patients in Assisted Living Facility Served Dishwashing Liquid to Drink, One Dies

    0

    How do you mistake thick and dark dishwashing liquid for juice? That's a question somebody at a San Mateo, CA assisted living facility called, Atria Park Senior Living facility, will have to answer as the investigation takes place for three dementia patients who got the dishwashing liquid as juice. All three were in the hospital, two remain, and one of them, 93-year-old Gertrude Elizabeth Murison Maxwell has died. The facility released this statement …

    “We can confirm three of our residents were recently transported to the hospital after mistakenly being served dishwashing liquid as drinking juice. We have been working with local authorities, who have informed us that one resident passed away.

    Our sincerest condolences are with the family. When this occurred, our staff immediately contacted authorities, and the residents were transported to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. We are conducting our own internal investigation, and the employees involved have been suspended until this investigation concludes.

    We will continue working with the police and the Department of Social Services to fully review and assess the incident, after which we will take additional actions as needed. The safety and well-being of our residents remain our top priorities at all times. Out of respect for the people involved, we cannot comment further.”

    ATRIA SENIOR LIVING 

    Subscribe to Radio Facts

    * indicates required

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here