80 singer Chico DeBarge, 55, was arrested after neighbors complained of a man acting erratically in his RV/home. When police arrived, the RV was impounded and checked, and they found drug paraphernalia, including meth, on-board.
Debarge was charged, then released on his own recognizance. DeBarge had also been arrested this past January for a DUI, including an additional charge for impersonation when he claimed to be his older brother James DeBarge.
Chico, who had the late 1980s hit “Talk To Me,” has admitted that he has struggled with drugs and was arrested in 2017 and 2019 for drug charges.
The DeBarge family has been plagued with drug addiction and other issues attributed to their upbringing in Michigan and their late father, Robert DeBarge senior, who ruled the children with an iron fist, causing them psychological problems as adults.
In April 2020, Chico DeBarge’s son Dantae DeBarge was stabbed to death in the Van Nuys section of Los Angeles, California. He was 35 (pictured).
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- CBS STUDIOS/NAACP VENTURE AND THE BLACK LIST PARTNER TO IDENTIFY TELEVISION WRITERS TELLING BLACK STORIES
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses Deshaun Watson Apologizing for His Misconduct During Massage Sessions: “I Want to Keep Pushing Forward” (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Anne Heche’s Unusual Death (VIDEO)
- Woman Testifies Attorney Offered her up to 200k to Lie on Trey Songz in Sexual Assault Case
- Another Man Killed in Chicago Hit and Run, Suspect Arrested (video)
- KANE BROWN EARNS WORLDWIDE #1 WITH “LIKE I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC”
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- 3 Memphis Hospital Shooting Victims Detained in Connection to Stolen Vehicle
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tink and Hitmaka About Mental Health in the Music Industry, Tink’s New Song, and More (VIDEO)