DION “NO I.D.” WILSON has been named Executive Vice President of CAPITOL MUSIC GROUP (CMG) by CMG President ASHLEY NEWTON. In his newly created position, WILSON will be involved in A&R and production, and work closely with NEWTON and members of CMG’s senior management team on the creative direction of CMG’s labels. A renowned hip-hop and R&B producer, Wilson will helm recordings for select CMG artists and will continue as President of the relaunched ARTIUM RECORDINGS, which will expand to include artist management and music publishing.
According to NEWTON, “DION’s vast experience and esteemed stature as both a creative executive and highly influential producer are crucial to our continuing commitment to Urban music and artists. I’m absolutely thrilled that he has joined as a key member of the CMG family.”
CMG Chairman/CEO STEVE BARNETT added, “With DION in such an important role within the company, CMG has taken another important step in our revitalization and in realizing our vision for a company in which creative executives are empowered to help artists achieve their dreams. DION’s track record as a producer and executive is stellar and I couldn’t be happier that he’s in the TOWER and that his creative abilities are already benefiting us greatly.”
WILSON commented, “I look forward to working with the entire CAPITOL team to build on the cultural impact of our music and further expand into the global markets. There is a legacy of great artists and important records at CAPITOL, and I look forward to helping create more history and building upon the company’s great brand.”
WILSON’s work as a noted hip-hop and R&B producer has resulted in a long list of culturally impactful records by a diverse array of artists, including JAY Z, KANYE WEST, COMMON, NAS and BIG SEAN. He recently produced LOGIC’s new album (with 6TIX), “Everybody,” which features guest appearances from CHUCK D., ALESSIA CARA, KILLER MIKE, KHALID and more. Prior to joining CMG, WILSON was EVP A&R for DEF JAM RECORDINGS and signed COMMON, JHENE AIKO and VINCE STAPLES to his label ARTIUM RECORDINGS.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)