DION “NO I.D.” WILSON has been named Executive Vice President of CAPITOL MUSIC GROUP (CMG) by CMG President ASHLEY NEWTON. In his newly created position, WILSON will be involved in A&R and production, and work closely with NEWTON and members of CMG’s senior management team on the creative direction of CMG’s labels. A renowned hip-hop and R&B producer, Wilson will helm recordings for select CMG artists and will continue as President of the relaunched ARTIUM RECORDINGS, which will expand to include artist management and music publishing.
According to NEWTON, “DION’s vast experience and esteemed stature as both a creative executive and highly influential producer are crucial to our continuing commitment to Urban music and artists. I’m absolutely thrilled that he has joined as a key member of the CMG family.”
CMG Chairman/CEO STEVE BARNETT added, “With DION in such an important role within the company, CMG has taken another important step in our revitalization and in realizing our vision for a company in which creative executives are empowered to help artists achieve their dreams. DION’s track record as a producer and executive is stellar and I couldn’t be happier that he’s in the TOWER and that his creative abilities are already benefiting us greatly.”
WILSON commented, “I look forward to working with the entire CAPITOL team to build on the cultural impact of our music and further expand into the global markets. There is a legacy of great artists and important records at CAPITOL, and I look forward to helping create more history and building upon the company’s great brand.”
WILSON’s work as a noted hip-hop and R&B producer has resulted in a long list of culturally impactful records by a diverse array of artists, including JAY Z, KANYE WEST, COMMON, NAS and BIG SEAN. He recently produced LOGIC’s new album (with 6TIX), “Everybody,” which features guest appearances from CHUCK D., ALESSIA CARA, KILLER MIKE, KHALID and more. Prior to joining CMG, WILSON was EVP A&R for DEF JAM RECORDINGS and signed COMMON, JHENE AIKO and VINCE STAPLES to his label ARTIUM RECORDINGS.
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)