Radio Facts: Amid a decline in advertising revenue for commercial broadcast radio, and the growth of broadband internet access, online radio has proliferated in recent years. The launch ofÃ‚ Sun Radio is the latest example. Ten internet stations you might not have listened to yet.
What the Americans call a listener-supported station based in New Jersey.
It claims to be the longest running freeform (non-commercial) station in the US.
Music chosen by otters for humans.
San Francisco DJ collective specialising in underground and alternative music.
Formerly one of the biggest commercial stations in the US, 97X ended up surviving online as Woxy. The future of rock and roll, from Ohio.
A radio station that claims to make publicise art and music that has “no place in traditional broadcasting”.
The brainchild of a small group of bloggers, the Birmingham-based radio station focuses on creative industries and the local music scene.
Unsigned band s and unsigned artists; based in London.
Indie radio station in LA that switched from traditional radio to internet only.
Often termed a “music community”, after attracting more than 30 million active users, it was sold to CBS Interactive for Ã‚ £140m. It builds profiles of each listeners’ musical tastes. UK-based.
Listener-supported US station seemingly based on the work of just two DJs. Mix of most genres.
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Chartmetric Partners with Sirius XM/Pandora on Music Analytics
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal