ACCLAIMED H-TOWN RAPPER YUNG POODA RELEASES POWERFUL SINGLE “LIES TOLD”
Today Houston rapper and lyricist Yung Pooda delivers his heavy-hitting, stand-alone single for “Lies Told” via It's A 10 Records. The lyrically-charged, 20 Keys/ Cool & Dre produced track addresses today's most pressing issues in America and incites a powerful reminder to amplify Black voices and keep Black power, strength and beauty at the forefront.
Referencing “Lies Told” Pooda says “I was inspired to speak truth immediately after I listened to the baseline and the sample. I needed to touch what's going on in the world—and what has gone on for far too long, in my own way. After the death of Trayvon Martin, that really put a lot in perspective for me as a Black man in America to use my voice and champion Black empowerment. The fight is far from over and I am here to be a voice for my people.”
The riveting, call-to-action track marks the first offering from the Top 50 Urban and Rhythmic charts alum and multi-million streamed artist since the release of his debut single “Repeat Dat,” which stands tall in over 2 million views on YouTube since its May release.
One of H-town's notable indie rappers, the eclectic lyricist created a buzz and local-following opening for hip-hop legends; Boozie Badazz, Slim Thug, Z-Ro and others. Grabbing the attention and support of industry vets like Grammy-award winning producers Cool & Dre and Fat Joe, he recently was the face of BET's Fresh Faces Friday. His forthcoming debut EP, Vivid Pictures is slated to be released this year and will be produced by Cool & Dre.
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- STAYSOLIDROCKY RETURNS WITH “VIOLA” (video)
- Columbia Records to Hold Community Concert and Conversation with the National Urban League Live On YouTube September 25
- Cory Coco Brother Condrey to Hold Prayer Rally
- Troy Vincent on Deion Sanders coaching Jackson State & HBCU athletes in the NFL | First Take
- Acoustic Sounds Series Continues with Nina Simone’s Quintessential 1965 Albums “I Put a Spell On You” and “Pastel Blues”
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- Do the Boston Celtics have a chance to come back and beat the Heat? | The Jump