Radio Facts: This week, I talked to several prominent industry heads from radio and records who all pretty much said the same thing. The industry is indeed downsizing, getting rid of excess and making a concerted effort to run a tight(er) ship. They also stated the widespread panic is understand able considering how unpredictable the industry is right now but they all assured me, the industry will still be here and things should return to normal by the spring. They agreed there is going to be more and there is no need to worry about something that is out of your control (I know, easier said then done)… They also said what we have been hearing for a long time now, those who can multitask and are the most dedicated will most likely survive and resurface.
To that end, let me ad, urban radio is still in dire need of webmasters. I personally think it’s a HUGE mistake to let a corporation hand le your site and to avoid adding your particular market’s touch to the site. It’s very easy to find radio people and very easy to find webmasters but it’s almost impossible to find urban radio people who ARE webmasters. Urban radio, mark my words, is going to be FORCED to pay more attention to their websites by this summer, it’s one of the most ignored revenue streams in our industry.
- Caught On Camera: Grandma Tricks Scammer Into Being Arrested
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- Yikes! Is This Jasmine Guy?
- Changes at Cumulus Beaumont
- MALLORY MERK DROPS DREAMY, INSIGHTFUL GEM “EVOL”
- Industry Vet Larry Doc Elliott in Hospice Care
- Steve Harvey reacts to Kenan Thompson Imitating him Admits he can’t read well but says Kenan needs to lose weight (video)
- Theo Battaglia Promoted to Executive Vice President/Head of Creative at 10K Projects
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- Claudette Ortiz Talks about Dating both men from City High to Hot 97/NY