Trevor Noah discussed why Geico must pay a woman $5 million for contracting HPV. America has a reputation around the world where anyone can sue someone for anything, said Noah. However, the stereotypes about lawsuits in America turns out to be true.
The insurance company GEICO may have to pay a woman $5 million after claiming she caught HPV in a car from her then-boyfriend, whom GEICO insured. The woman claimed GEICO policy covers her injuries and losses. GEICO turned down the original claim, so she went to an arbitrator, said the commentator. Both legal avenues sided with the woman.
Noah said people need to make sure terrible things happen to them when they are in a car.
“Did you hear what they just said? A woman has been awarded $5 million from GEICO because she got HPV from sex in her boyfriend’s car and the car was insured by GEICO. I feel like if anything bad is going to happen to you, you need to make sure it’s going to happen in a car from now on,” said Noah.
Noah said he feels terrible for all the people who have HPV but do not have $5 million. Apparently, Noah says GEICO is going to fight the lawsuit.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sexual Contact … but Work (video)