Bud Light, – announced plans to transform 800 Congress Street into the ultimate music space for festival goers to gather at this year’s SXSW conference in Austin, TX. The beer that is “Famous Among Friends” and Super Sponsor of South By Southwest knows creativity can spark at any time amongst friends, and this is especially true for musicians, who are known for collaborating with their friends constantly. With that in mind, the brand is teaming back up with The Legendary Roots Crew and some of their friends for a special SXSW Jam Session on Saturday, March 18.
The Bud Light x The Roots & Friends SXSW Jam will feature the Grammy Award-winning band along with R&B star Jidenna, Austin-native Shakey Graves, emerging singer-songwriter Cloves, hip-hop legends Method Man & Redman and several other surprise special guests.
“We are thrilled to be back in Austin for the second year in a row to bring the Bud Light x The Roots & Friends SXSW Jam to our fans and friends at the festival,” said Alexander Lambrecht, vice president, Bud Light. “It feels natural to activate at South by Southwest where collaboration and friendship are cornerstones for the entire festival, especially this year on the heels of the launch of our ‘Famous Among Friends’ campaign.”
In 2016, The Roots took to the Bud Light Factory stage at Brazos Hall for a one-of-a-kind SXSW Jam Session featuring special surprise guests Yo Gotti, Talib Kweli, Ashanti, Naughty by Nature, Tish Hyman, X Ambassadors, Marc E Bassy, Emily King, Too Short and an exclusive set from Big Grams (Big Boi + Phantogram).
In addition to its support of the festival as the official beer sponsor, Bud Light is also unveiling limited edition Austin-themed cans and aluminum bottles. A tradition that began in 2016, the Austin-themed cans and aluminum bottles are designed by resident Austin artist Nate Duval and reflect the city’s mantra “Keep Austin Weird” including the state of Texas and the Austin skyline within the artist’s trademark whimsical designs. The Austin-themed cans and aluminum bottles will be available throughout the Austin area.
Additionally, invited guests and SXSW badge holders can partake in a daily “Friendly Hour” at 3 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center in the Bud Light Lounge from March 10 – March 19. Fully equipped with couches, phone charging stations, a screen printing activation and a photo booth the space will be setup for fans to experience Bud Light’s friendly southern hospitality.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project