Events will also support local food trucks that will be serving the lunches
The Johnjay & Rich #LoveUp Foundation, is spreading love and kindness by hosting a Food Truck Tour to provide nearly 5,000 free lunches to COVID-19 frontline workers across the Valley.
The 7-Day Food Truck Tour will visit seven different Banner Health hospitals September 16-September 22, from Sun City West, to Queen Creek, serving lunches from local food trucks including Eur Haus, NDANDA, Grilled Addiction, Reef’s Kitchen, It’s Seoul Good , The Panini People, The Chicken Coop, Everest Momo and My Louisiana.
“We created the #LoveUp Food Truck Tour to show appreciation for the dedicated frontline hospital workers who have been tirelessly helping patients fight COVID-19 over the last 6 months and to support our local food truck community that has been financially hurt by this pandemic. Thank you to the Johnjay & Rich listeners and #LoveUp supporters who responsibly purchased #LoveUp masks in effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 – we now get to use that money to help pay it forward,” said Johnjay Van Es, Founder of #LoveUp and host of the nationally syndicated Johnjay and Rich Show.
The Food Truck Tour kicks off Wednesday, September 16 at Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix, where Johnjay Van Es, Founder of the #LoveUp Foundation will present a check to Banner Health for more than $56,000 that will cover the cost of the food truck lunches.
“The local food truck community is honored to work with #Loveup in feeding Banner Health’s brave frontline workers. What a gift #LoveUp is providing by not only giving back to the COVID-19 healthcare teams, but also caring for local businesses; this event will play a big part in saving our small businesses during this difficult time,” said Anna Mineer, founder and owner of Eur Haus Food Truck.
The full Food Truck Tour schedule is as follows:
- Wed., Sept. 16 11am-2pm : Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix
- Thurs., Sept. 17 11am-2pm: Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix
- Fri., Sept. 18 11am-1pm: Banner Del Webb Medical Center in Sun City West
- Sat., Sept. 19 11am-1pm: Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert
- Sun., Sept. 20 11am-1pm: Banner Boswell Medical Center in Sun City
- Mon., Sept. 21 11am-1pm: Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa
- Tues., Sept. 22 11am-1pm: Banner Ironwood Medical Center in Queen Creek