Some may wonder what a day in the life looks like for a SVP of A&R at a major label while others like Tuo Clark live the experience. As the SVP of A&R at Def Jam and as one half of the dynamic production duo, Da Internz, Tuo is an executive leader with a creative heart. The art is important to this Chicago native but growing the artists on Def Jam is equally as significant.
Whether it is in the board room or sitting behind the board in the studio, Tuo Clark is the quintessential music maven. DARF TV had the opportunity to have a candid conversation with Tuo as he was driving to his next meeting in his hometown of Chicago. Music, the state of the industry, publishing, producing, COVID-19, social injustice, life lessons, and even Chicago violence all came up in this casual conversation.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Ray J Explains Why He Decided To File For Divorce
- Hit-Boy & Wale Respond To Kanye West’s Universal Music Group Contract Rant
- Odell Beckham Jr. Responds To Rumored Bedroom Activities
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)