In addition to Clark Atlanta University graduates receiving their degrees on Saturday, May 15th, they were also the first to hear the announcement of a $3 million gift to the university to fund entrepreneurial programming. CAU President, Dr. George T. French will announce the donation by Tucker, GA-based manufacturer, House of Cheatham, during Saturday’s commencement. House of Cheatham, home to popular multi-cultural hair care brands, including Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils and Africa’s Best, bestows the donation in the name of its late founder, businessman and former Georgia State Senator, Robert H. Bell.
The goal of The Robert H. “Bob” Bell/House of Cheatham Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurial Development is to help increase the number of Black entrepreneurs. “This is an investment in inspiring, educating and equipping brilliant young minds to gain access to the knowledge, resources and capital needed to become job creators, innovators and disruptors,” says Dwan White, Vice-President of Global Marketing at House of Cheatham. She further states, “As a HBCU alumnus, I would love to see more companies like ours make similar investments in Black college students.”
“These significant new resources to fund entrepreneurial programming will enable Clark Atlanta University to continue to graduate our students with a competitive edge to become successful career leaders, innovators and social justice change agents,” said President George T. French Jr., Ph.D. “We are extremely grateful for such a generous gift and are convinced that the Robert H. “Bob” Bell/House of Cheatham Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurial Development will continue to develop and invest into the future of our students, who when they depart CAU, are prepared to positively impact the world.”
“Bob” H. Bell, served as a Representative and Senator in the Georgia General Assembly from 1969-1982. In 1971, he purchased Cheatham Chemical, later changing the name to House of Cheatham. Under his leadership, the company developed as a global leader and supplier, selling beauty products in mass market retail, grocery, drug and specialty beauty stores in over 30 countries.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- CBS STUDIOS/NAACP VENTURE AND THE BLACK LIST PARTNER TO IDENTIFY TELEVISION WRITERS TELLING BLACK STORIES
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses Deshaun Watson Apologizing for His Misconduct During Massage Sessions: “I Want to Keep Pushing Forward” (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Anne Heche’s Unusual Death (VIDEO)
- Woman Testifies Attorney Offered her up to 200k to Lie on Trey Songz in Sexual Assault Case
- KANE BROWN EARNS WORLDWIDE #1 WITH “LIKE I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC”
- Another Man Killed in Chicago Hit and Run, Suspect Arrested (video)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- 3 Memphis Hospital Shooting Victims Detained in Connection to Stolen Vehicle
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)