The recent deaths by hanging of five Black people, four men, and one transgendered woman have only added to the purging of ill persuaded and the often denied existence of hardcore racism.
It is woven into the American fabric. The days of hanging black people trees have been rare (or rarely reported) since the 60s and was almost exclusively attributed to the Ku Klux Klan. To see this happening today is not only disturbing, it’s suspicious. Those found dead are Robert Fuller, Malcolm Harsch, Titi Gulley, DeAngelo Warren, and an unidentified black man who were all found hanging from trees recently.
When Black people commit suicide they rarely do it to make a point or to stir suspicion as to HOW they died. They usually just want to check out. Pills, turning on the engine in a closed garage and shooting oneself in the head is a lot easier and quicker than jumping off a bridge or hanging oneself. In addition, hangings usually take place where there are no other options like a prison cell, which is a whole different story in itself, but to plan that out and inflict upon oneself is not only questionable in a time of despair, it’s labor-intensive.
You would be hard-pressed to find a black person who believes these were suicides, especially when the brother of one fo the victims, Malcolm Harsh, had made plans to get together a few days after his death occurred. In addition, even in a time of a black man’s or woman’s greatest despair, a hanging is extremely rare and odd.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,