WSB Radio Moves 95.5 FM Transmitter to East Atlanta and
Changes Name and Positioning Statement to 95.5 WSB Atlanta’s News & Talk
ATLANTA – Aug. 20, 2019 – Cox Media Group Atlanta’s WSB Radio (WSB-AM/WSBB-FM) has moved its 95.5 FM transmitter and antenna from Flowery Branch to East Atlanta and changed its official name and positioning statement to 95.5 WSB Atlanta’s News & Talk.
The move brings a stronger signal and better sound quality to residents in counties on the south, west and northwest side of metro Atlanta, including Henry, Paulding, Cobb, Bartow, Coweta, Cherokee and Douglas.
“With the new tower location, at least one million more people in Atlanta will now be able to listen to 95.5 WSB without static, loud and clear, both at home and at work,” says Pete Spriggs, WSB Radio’s director of branding and programming. “Office buildings in downtown and midtown Atlanta, Buckhead, Cumberland and Perimeter will now be able to listen to 95.5 on an FM radio and hear our news and talk with a strong signal.”
WSB Radio’s local news, traffic and weather coverage — along with local talk shows featuring Eric Von Haessler, Mark Arum, Erick Erickson and Clark Howard — will continue to air on the 750 AM dial, which has a 97-year broadcast history and is one of the most historic radio signals in the nation, reaching up to 30 states at night and serving as a major source of news and information for the entire Southeast for decades.
- .100 HIP HOP AND RNB FM MAKE MAJOR FREE AGENT MOVES, Marc Clark and K. Foxx
- Cardi B feat Megan Thee Stallion Use Frank Ski Sample in New Song “WAP” (videos)
- Frank Ski and Nina Brown Talk about V103 Exit and WHUR Plans (DARF.TV video)
- JR Jackson from JR Sports Brief: From YouTube to Radio – DARF Interview (zoom)
- DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic Volume II Was the Best Party on the Internet
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Big Lez Shares Awesome Michael Jackson Story with Questlove
- BBC DJ David Whiteley Resigns After Station Allows Reporter To Use N-Word
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Tale Of 2 Black Men John Lewis Will Be Memorialized Forever and Herman Cane Barely Mentioned