Radio Facts: In an exciting move for Boston area Top 40 music fans, WODS 103.3 will launch a brand new format on Thursday, June 28 at 12N featuring today's most popular songs. 103.3 AMP Radio will be a contemporary hit radio station that is programmed for listeners who love pop, pop rhythm, and dance music. Artists such as Rihanna, Usher, Maroon 5, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Katy Perry, and Nicki Minaj to name a few will be featured on the station which is available on-air, online at www.1033ampradioboston.com and via mobile apps including iPhone and Android devices.
“When looking at the habits of Boston radio listeners, it is clear the music most favored by the biggest group of people is contemporary hit music,” said Mark Hannon, SVP/Market Manager for CBS RADIO Boston. “Boston's New 103.3 AMP Radio will serve the audience with all of the hits from artists topping the charts, and create a number of ways for listeners to interact with the station ““ from live events to special appearances and contests.”
The launch of Boston's New 103.3 AMP Radio will be led by a team of programmers including Mike Thomas, Vice President of Programming for CBS RADIO Boston, along with Michael Martin, Vice President of CHR Programming for CBS RADIO. A full- time program director for the station, as well as the line-up of live and local talent, will be named at a later date.
In a related announcement, listeners who enjoy classic hits can hear all their favorite songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's on the HD multicast channel of WODS (WODS103.3 HD-2). The station will also be available online at www.wods.com.
103.3 AMP Radio is owned and operated by CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the United States. A division of CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO operates 127 radio stations, the majority of which are in the nation's top 50 markets. CBS RADIO also owns and operates WBZ-AM NewsRadio 1030, WBZ-FM 98.5 The Sports Hub, WBMX-FM MIX 104.1, and WZLX-FM 100.7 Classic Rock in Boston.
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Chris Botti Returns to Charlotte To Headline Queen City Jazz Fest
- The Undeniable 7 Best Black Male Singers of All Time