We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Whitney had heart disease which coroners contribute chronic cocaine abuse to. She was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and her death has been ruled as accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner’s officials said they weren’t in excessive quantities. “We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure,’ said Patricia Houston, the singer’s sister-in-law and manager.
Coroner’s spokesman Craig Harvey says cocaine and its byproducts were found in Houston’s system, and it was listed as a contributing factor in her death. He says the results indicated Houston was a chronic cocaine user. Coroner’s officials said they also found traces of marijuana, Xanax and benadryl in her system.