Goom Radio CEO Rob Williams is leaving the heavily-funded internet radio startup, paidContent has learned. Williams, who was previously the president and market manager for Clear Channel (NYSE: CCMO) Radio’s New York City Radio Station s, had joined Goom as CEO just last January, according to his LinkedIn profile; a spokeswoman says Williams is now “working with French founders, Emmanuel Jayr and Robert Ciurleo, on a transition.”The departure is surprising not only because Williams is leaving so soon but also because the company had raised $16 million in a first round of funding a few months ago, which it said it would use in part to launch its service in the U.S. A French version of Goom—which features a mix of music, along with shows and interviews—launched last fall.In a statement, Williams says, “As Goom Radio moves into its beta stage, our Radio Stations already reach 1 million listeners and advertiser response has been great; however, for my own reasons, I have decided that this is a good time to explore new opportunities. I have been working closely with our founders to assure a smooth transition for our employees and partners and I wish the Goom team continued success.”Goom is ad-supported and announced last week in a release that mentioned WIlliams that internet radio advertising network TargetSpot would now be its “exclusive advertising channel.”via Industry Moves: Goom Radio CEO Williams Resigns | paidContent.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?