Goom Radio CEO Rob Williams is leaving the heavily-funded internet radio startup, paidContent has learned. Williams, who was previously the president and market manager for Clear Channel (NYSE: CCMO) Radio’s New York City stations, had joined Goom as CEO just last January, according to his LinkedIn profile; a spokeswoman says Williams is now “working with French founders, Emmanuel Jayr and Robert Ciurleo, on a transition.”
The departure is surprising not only because Williams is leaving so soon but also because the company had raised $16 million in a first round of funding a few months ago, which it said it would use in part to launch its service in the U.S. A French version of Goom—which features a mix of music, along with shows and interviews—launched last fall.
In a statement, Williams says, “As Goom Radio moves into its beta stage, our stations already reach 1 million listeners and advertiser response has been great; however, for my own reasons, I have decided that this is a good time to explore new opportunities. I have been working closely with our founders to assure a smooth transition for our employees and partners and I wish the Goom team continued success.”
Goom is ad-supported and announced last week in a release that mentioned WIlliams that internet radio advertising network TargetSpot would now be its “exclusive advertising channel.”
via Industry Moves: Goom Radio CEO Williams Resigns | paidContent.
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About Unemployment Scam
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Need a Laugh? See What Happens When He Tells His Mom He is in Jail
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)