Digital and Radio Facts WESTWOOD ONE RELEASES FIFTH ANNUAL PODCAST ADVERTISING STUDY – Westwood One
ADVERTISER PERCEPTIONS: BRAND/AGENCY PODCAST ADVERTISING CONSIDERATION AND INTENTION SOAR TO RECORD LEVELS
NEW YORK, NY – September 3, 2020 – CUMULUS MEDIA’s Westwood One, America’s largest audio network, today released the results of their latest Advertiser Perceptions study in advance of next week’s Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Podcast Upfront. This year marks their fifth annual report studying brand and agency sentiment on podcast advertising.
Every year since the first IAB Upfront in 2015, Westwood One has reprised the study to track buy-side podcast advertising consideration and intention. This study evaluates the past five years and looks at the industry today.
- Since 2015, podcast advertising consideration among brands and agencies has grown 2.5X and spend intention has grown nearly 4X, according to Advertiser Perceptions.
- Two-thirds of buy-side decision makers are discussing podcast advertising and one-third are actively spending.
- Podcast advertising is pandemic proof: After a brief April dip, ad volumes and advertisers have surged back and now exceed pre-pandemic levels, according to Magellan AI.
- Brand advertising shows strong growth in podcasts: Magellan AI finds major brand advertisers are tripling down on their ad commitments.
- Podcasting’s audience share of ad-supported audio has nearly tripled since 2016, according to Edison’s “Share of Ear.”
About Westwood One
Westwood One, the national-facing arm of CUMULUS MEDIA, offers iconic, nationally syndicated sports, news and entertainment content to over 250 million monthly listeners across an audio network of nearly 8,000 affiliated broadcast radio stations and media partners. Westwood One is the largest audio network in America, home to premium content that defines the culture, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and Westwood One Backstage. The rapidly growing Westwood One Podcast Network delivers popular network and industry personalities and programs. Westwood One connects listeners with their passions through programs and platforms that have everyone listening. For more information, please visit www.westwoodone.com.
Karen Glover | Westwood One | [email protected]
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- SINGER, SONGWRITER, PRODUCER, AND YOUTUBE SENSATION DEVVON TERRELL RELEASES “YOU TRIPPIN” (video)
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Band Bon Jovi Joins the Lineup for 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival