Ball Park Brand, Scotts and the Jerry Clark Foundation Help Retailer Refurbish Community Ballparks Across the U.S.
Walmart partners with Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures “42”, Scotts, the Ball Park brand and the Jerry Clark Foundation to host “Walmart’s ’42’ Field Refurbishment Program” as a continued commitment to be involved in the African American community beyond Black History Month.
In anticipation of the release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “42”, the story of the legendary Jackie Robinson, Walmart selected ballparks in need of refurbishment located in Orlando, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Bentonville, Ark.
“We believe it’s our responsibility, in partnership with our associates, to identify the challenges in each community where we operate and be a part of the solution,” said Tony Waller, Walmart’s senior director of corporate affairs.” At Walmart, we are proud to do our part to help share the life story of Jackie Robinson and his history-making signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers and at the same time help to restore communities across the nation.”
Scotts, Official Lawn Care Company of Major League Baseball, has refurbished numerous fields across the nation, and now with Walmart, Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “42,” selected community diamonds will receive the “Ultimate Home Field Advantage” to celebrate the upcoming national “Jackie Robinson Day” on April 15th. The events will provide kids in the community the opportunity to participate in a baseball clinic, interact with local MLB players, and key community leaders, and enjoy Ball Park hot dogs.
“Spring naturally inspires us to get outside, and youth baseball is a great way to do so, and be active in the community,” said Scotts sports marketing and sponsorship manager, Chris Strunk. “Well-fed and maintained grass provides a soft, resilient playspace that only enhances the play, and further shows our unique and authentic connection to the game of baseball.”
“As a sponsor of the film ’42,’ we couldn’t be more excited to join Walmart and Scotts to refurbish community ballparks throughout the US, “said Timothy Smith, vice president of marketing, Ball Park brand. “We’re thrilled to build upon our rich heritage in baseball and assist with the field refurbishments, while bringing a stadium favorite, a Ball Park hot dog, to those attending.”
Walmart will host events to kick-off the ballpark “makeovers” in Los Angeles, Chicago and Bentonville, Ark.:
- April 15th, Chicago, IL, Gately Park
- TBD, Bentonville, Ark
Kick off events in Orlando, Atlanta and Los Angeles were held in March and early April.
For more information on Warner Bros. “42” visit: www.42movie.com
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,