VOCAL POWERHOUSE RYLAND JAMES RELEASES “SHOULDER TO CRY ON”
On the edge of the stage, under the spotlight, and behind a microphone, vocal powerhouse and songwriter Ryland James thrives. In this space, the artist’s voice rings out with a bold balance of passion, panache, and power, coursing through a fusion of gospel roots, gritty soul, and anthemic pop straight from the heart. That voice already carried him a long way from his birthplace of Deseronto, Ontario and recently brought him to a career milestone: joining a personal hero—Alessia Cara—on a tour throughout Canada and the U.S., in addition to receiving public praise from the likes of Shawn Mendes.
Ryland kicked off his biggest and boldest chapter with the 2019 release of his single “In My Head.” Co-written amidst trips to Stockholm and London, the track highlights Ryland’s poetic songcraft and expansive vocal range. The vocals reverberate with a combination of urgent immediacy and palpable emotion. Upon release, Billboard stated that “In My Head” was an “incredibly soulful” song, adding that Ryland “shows off Adele-like qualities with a soaring chorus and emotional, heartbreak-ridden lyrics.”
Ryland made his festival debut last year at Bumbershoot and Life Is Beautiful, and will take the stage at Governors Ball in New York this coming Summer (June 5th-7th 2020.)
Today, he releases his new song “Shoulder To Cry On.” Produced by Gold and Platinum Producer, Jon Levine (Alessia Cara, Dua Lipa, Drake), “Shoulder To Cry On” is a soulful, up tempo track, that highlights Ryland’s ability to meld classic vocal stylings and instrumentation into a modern day pop song.
Get it HERE via 21 Entertainment / Republic Records.
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59