University of Delaware Athletics and its multimedia rightsholder, Delaware Sports Properties, announced today an extension of its broadcast agreement with iHeartMedia Delaware, effective through the 2027-2028 athletic season.
iHeartMedia Delaware’s 94.7 WDSD-FM, Fox Sports 1290 WWTX-AM and 1410 WDOV-AM will continue to serve as the Blue Hens’ flagship radio stations for the next seven athletic seasons. Blue Hens’ football play-by-play coverage will air on WDSD, where games have been broadcast since the 1999 season. Blue Hens men’s basketball play-by-play coverage will also air on WDSD and women’s basketball will air on Fox Sports 1290 and WDOV. All games can also be heard on iHeartMedia’s free live streaming radio service, iHeartRadio.
The broadcast agreement includes the “Blue Hens Football Coaches Show” and “Blue Hens Basketball Coaches Show,” featuring weekly interviews with coaches and student-athletes. The football program will air on 94.7 WDSD and the basketball program will simulcast on WDSD and Fox Sports 1290. Both programs will be available live and via the Blue Hens Coaches Show podcast on iHeartRadio.
“iHeartMedia and the University of Delaware have a longstanding partnership,” said Brit Goldstein, Area President of iHeartMedia Pennsylvania. “We are thrilled to continue to provide the passionate University of Delaware Sports community a best-in-class broadcast for years to come.”
“Delaware Athletics is excited to continue this important partnership with Delaware Sports Properties and iHeartMedia Delaware,” said UD Director of Athletics & Recreation Services Chrissi Rawak. “iHeartMedia does a great job broadcasting our games, coaches shows, and other programming for the Blue Hens. We are thrilled to continue to have 94.7 WDSD as part of our fan and game day experience.”
The 2021-22 season will mark the 23rd consecutive season that the University of Delaware athletics can be heard on 94.7 WDSD-FM. The 50,000-watt 94.7 WDSD-FM signal blankets Delaware and spreads into the surrounding states of Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Play-by-Play broadcaster and five-time Delaware Sportscaster of the Year, Scott Klatzkin, will enter his 10th season as “The Voice of the Blue Hens” this fall.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Delaware market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- Police Chief Resigns After Study Finds Half of Town’s Revenue Come from Speed Trap
- 20-Year-Old Woman Will Lose Both Legs After Battling COVID-19
- 1 year old California Baby Dies After Being Diagnosed With COVID: Case Rate In Children Reaches New Records
- Industry Vet Hollywood Hernandez has Died
- Pittsburgh Bridge Collapses Injuring 10 Just Hours Before Biden Is Scheduled To Visit And Discuss Infrastructure
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Rushion McDonald’s Money Making Conversations Guide to Success, Free Guide (link)
- Maryland Mayor Found Dead from Apparent Suicide
- Messaging App Unhinge Plan to Smuggle Cocaine Across Atlantic Ocean in Submarine
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks