Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
At Universal Music Publishing Group’s first Storytellers event held at Capitol Studios featuring guest artist Randy Newman, Jody Gerson, UMPG Chairman and CEO, announced company has struck an exclusive, worldwide music publishing deal with Pulitzer Prize-winning author and lyricist Michael Chabon.
Through the deal, the company will work to foster new creative opportunities for Chabon in music, and to administer his works on Uptown Special worldwide for synchronization in film, TV, games and other media. Chabon made his successful debut as a songwriter in collaboration with artist and multi Grammy-winning producer Mark Ronson on his No.1 album, Uptown Special (RCA). Chabon co-wrote lyrics for nine of the album’s eleven tracks.
“Having been an admirer of Michael Chabon’s work as an author and so impressed by his lyrics on Mark Ronson’s album, it’s very exciting to have him now part of our UMPG family and on our roster of songwriters. It’s only the beginning for him in music,” said Gerson.
Ronson, a fan of Chabon’s work as an author, approached him to write lyrics for Uptown Special though Chabon had never been active in songwriting or music on a professional level. The artistic partnership blossomed with Chabon’s lyrical contributions helping the album become both a critical and commercial success. Since its release mid-January, Uptown Special has sold hundreds of thousands of copies in the U.S. alone and reached No.1 in the UK, No.5 on the Billboard 200 albums chart and went Top 20 in Australia, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland. The album’s second single, “Daffodils,” features lyrics from Chabon.
As a novelist, Chabon won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2001 for The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Other novels by the author include The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Wonder Boys, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, Gentlemen of the Road and Telegraph Avenue, among others.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison
- 2020 iHeartCountry Festival Presented By Capital One Celebrated The Biggest Names in Country Music
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle